Faculty & Staff
Ph.D. (Clinical Psychology)
University of Tulsa
Internship, Child & Adolescent Psychology
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Division of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Pediatric Psychology
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Dr. Bourdeau coordinates and provides didactic instruction to the clinical psychology doctoral students who participate in the practicum offered in the Behavioral Health Clinics. She also gives Behavioral Medicine presentations in the Resident Seminar and multiple community presentations, workshops, and/or seminars throughout the year. Topics taught include developmental psychology, behavioral medicine, pediatric psychology, adherence and principles of behavioral change, and promoting optimal health in patients with chronic medical conditions. Dr. Bourdeau is currently participating on three clinical psychology doctoral student dissertation committees and enjoys mentoring psychology students in professional decision-making and development.
Dr. Bourdeau has most recently been involved in supervising data collection at the Saint Francis Children’s Hospital in the department of Hematology/Oncology. She presented research with her students and the primary investigator at a national children’s health conference in Spring 2008. She is interested in both adherence in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, childhood obesity, health-related behavior change, and psychological factors as they relate to medical conditions.
- Directs clinical services provided by clinicians and students through the Behavioral Sciences Department at OSU-Center for Health Sciences
- Provides consultation services to physicians in primary and pediatric clinics
- Provides outpatient general clinical services to children, adolescents, families, adults, and couples
- Conducts pediatric psychology-focused intervention with children, adolescents, and families
- Consults with medical providers in the community
- Provides limited consultation services to children with medical conditions at Saint Francis Children’s Hospital.
- Supervises psychology doctoral practicum students in the Behavioral Health Clinics
Recent Scholarly Activity & Publications
Lopez, W.L., Mullins, L. L., Wolfe-Christensen, C., & Bourdeau, T. (2008). The relationship between parent psychological distress and adolescent anxiety in youth with chronic illness: The mediating effect of perceived child vulnerability. Children’s Health Care
Bourdeau, T. L., Mullins, L. L., Carpentier, M. Y., Colletti, C., Wolfe-Christensen, C. (2007). An Examination of Parenting Factors and Self-Care Behaviors across Disease Groups. Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities.
Bourdeau, T., Daleiden, E., & Sloan, T. (2002). Evaluation of SafeTeam: A Violence Prevention Program, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Washington, DC.
Bourdeau, T., Pyevich, C., Newman, E., & Sloan, T. (2000). Addressing the Mental Fitness of Teens: An Evaluation of the HeadsUP! Mental Fitness Program, Mental Health Association of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK
Daleiden, E., & Bourdeau, T. (1998). Osage Hills Practice Audit Report, Area Health Education Center, Oklahoma State University, College of Medicine, Tulsa, OK