General Links and Resources
American Osteopathic Association website for health industry professionals.
Residency opportunities in osteopathic hospitals.
AAMC Extramural Electives Compendium
The Extramural Electives Compendium (EEC) is an electronic document published by the AAMC Section for Student Affairs and Programs. The EEC contains information for medical students in a searchable database format about the scheduling of elective opportunities at AAMC-member US medical schools.
American Medical Association
Medical school and residency information and resources.
Site for both current and incoming residents. They have discussion groups as well as areas on searches, hospitals, education.
Resources for current medical students.
National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME)
Everything you need to know about the COMLEX and COMVEX exams.
Fellowship and Residency Electronic and Interactive Database
(FREIDA online) a database with information about GME programs.
Check our OSU COM's dual degrees!
International Federation of Medical Students' Association
Premier organization worldwide for medical students interested in international health issues. Its mission is to empower future physicians with a sense of social responsibility locally and globally.
IFMSA Member Countries
IFMSA's National Member Organizations List
OSUCOM local chapter information
Help for USMLE
2008 AOA International Licensure Summary
- Books available in the Office of Clinical Education, Career Services:
- The Residency Math 101 Biggest Mistakes and How to Avoid Them, Samir P. Desai, MD
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Medical Specialty, Brian Freeman
- Iserson's Getting Into a Residency, Kenneth V. Iserson, MD
- First Aid for the Match, Tao Le
- From Medical School to Residency, Roger P. Smith, MD
- How to choose a Medical Specialty, Anita Taylor
- Wischnitzer's Residency Manual, Selecting, Secruing, Surviving, Succeeding, Saul Wischnitzer/Edith Wischnitzer