Admissions documents required:
Once all of the above documents are received, an applicant will be considered for an on-campus interview. Applicants invited for a personal interview must participate to qualify for further consideration.
Preference is given to applicants from Oklahoma. Non-U.S. citizens who do not have a permanent resident visa (“green card”) at the time of application cannot be considered for admission.
Competitive Applicant Criteria
- Cumulative GPA of 3.6
- Science GPA of 3.6
- MCAT score of 500 or above
- Clinical Experience and Community Involvement experience (i.e., physician shadowing, medical field hands-on experience, medical certifications, community service)
- Multiple upper-division (3000-4000 level) science courses within previous 12 months (3-5 strongly preferred)
- Early application (begin June 1 of the year before planned matriculation)
Minimum Performance Criteria
At the time of application:
- 3.0 overall GPA (on 4.0 scale)
- Pre-professional science GPA of at least 2.75 (on 4.0 scale)
- Minimum of 492 on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
- MCAT Must be taken within three years prior to application.
As of the 2016-2017 Application cycle, OSU-COM will only accept scores from the new MCAT.
At the time of entry:
- Completion of at least three years (90 semester hours) and not less than 75 percent of the courses required for a baccalaureate degree at a regionally accredited college or university.
- Satisfactory completion of the following courses with no grade below “C” (2.0 on a 4.0 scale):
- English, 6 semester hours
- Biology, 8 semester hours (including laboratory)
- Physics, 8 semester hours (including laboratory)
- General Chemistry, 8 semester hours (including lab)
- Organic Chemistry, 8 semester hours (including lab)
- At least one upper division (3000-4000) level science course, including but not limited to:
- Human Anatomy or Comparative Anatomy
- Molecular Biology
- Cellular Biology
- Meet the requirements of OSU-COM’s Technical Standards Policy.
The admissions committee recommends applicants for admissions. Final selection of candidates to be offered admission is made by the Dean. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for admission.