Admissions documents required:
Once all of the above documents are received, an applicant will be considered for an on-campus interview. Applicants invited for a personal interview must participate to qualify for further consideration.
Preference is given to applicants from Oklahoma. Non-U.S. citizens who do not have a permanent resident visa (“green card”) at the time of application cannot be considered for admission.
Competitive Applicant Criteria
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.6 (on 4.0 scale);
- Pre-Professional Science GPA of 3.6 (on 4.0 scale);
- Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) score of 500 or above
- Multiple upper-division (3000-4000 level) science courses within previous 12 months (3-5 strongly preferred)
- Clinical Experience and Community Involvement experience (i.e., physician shadowing, medical field hands-on experience, medical certifications, community service)
- Early application (begin June 1 of the year before planned matriculation)
Notice: The AACOMAS Repeat Coursework Policy will change effective May 1, 2017. For additional information, see full notice.
Minimum Performance Criteria
At the time of application:
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (on 4.0 scale);
- Pre-professional Science GPA of at least 2.75 (on 4.0 scale);
- Minimum of 492 on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
- MCAT must be taken within three years prior to application.
- OSU-COM only accepts scores from the new MCAT.
At the time of entry:
- Completion of at least three years (90 semester hours) and not less than 75 percent of the courses required for a baccalaureate degree at a regionally accredited college or university.
- Satisfactory completion of the following courses with no grade below “C” (2.0 on a 4.0 scale):
- English, 2 semesters
- Biology, 2 semesters (including laboratory)
- Physics, 2 semesters
- General Chemistry, 2 semesters
- Organic Chemistry, 2 semesters
- At least one upper division (3000-4000) level science course, including but not limited to:
- Human Anatomy or Comparative Anatomy
- Molecular Biology
- Cellular Biology
- Meet the requirements of OSU-COM’s Technical Standards Policy.
The admissions committee recommends applicants for admissions. Final selection of candidates to be offered admission is made by the Dean. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for admission.