Residents work together to:
- Provide care in a cooperative, efficient manner, providing call coverage and patient care for a busy pediatric floor and newborn nursery.
- Manage from admission to discharge pediatric patients in the medical, surgical, nursery, and emergency room areas.
- Critically evaluate and explore current medical literature.
- Teach medical students and interns advanced medical principles both at the bedside and in the classroom.
- Multiple opportunities for clinical research in hospital and ambulatory care settings.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the management of patients in the ambulatory setting.