Master’s Options through the Electronic Campus
The Electronic Campus of the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB) includes two online programs in the Master of Science in Forensic Sciences (M.S.F.S.) at the Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences. The Master’s degree offers these programs as degree options:
- Forensic Document Examination (FDE)
- Forensic Science Administration (FSA)
Students admitted to these options who reside in states within SREB’s Academic Common Market qualify for in-state tuition rates, with approval from the governing board in the state of residence.
The OSU-CHS School of Forensic Sciences dedicates significant resources to distance learning. With students in MSFS options taking all courses online and with every other MSFS students also taking Internet courses, the program invests time, energy, and resources in attending to distance learners.
The OSU-CHS Forensic Sciences Web site includes these key pages for applicants to M.S.F.S. options:
- Online Orientation: Upon admission, students receive notice of the Orientation required in the week before the first semester. The Orientation acquaints students with program procedures and requires them to demonstrate proficiency in performing tasks and using equipment required for online classes.
- Program Assistant: The Assistant supports applicants in the admissions process, notifies them of information received or lacking along the way, and provides ongoing help after admission.
- Program Coordinator: The Coordinator offers support for students for initial system access, enrollment, and Plan of Study development. The Coordinator also arranges online class meeting times to accommodate differences in participants’ work schedules and time-zones.
- Online Student Lounge: Forensic Sciences students use this site to retrieve or review current university or department information. The site also provides information on careers, jobs, and professional conferences along with a News page and e-mail for communications.
These OSU Web pages offer other information for OSU-CHS applicants and students: