OMECO and its affiliated member institutions support clinical research and scholarly activities through:
- Assisting in the advancement of knowledge including contributions to medicine through scientific research
- Creating an association with the specialty colleges research-related educational objectives for interns and residents
- Providing support for facilitating resident participation in research requirements and/or projects initiated by an osteopathic specialty college
- Identifying and listing research resources and opportunities available to interns and residents within OMECO
- Providing ready access to basic science and/or clinical research mentorship and identifying statistical support services available to interns and residents
- Providing opportunities for continuing study for the development of faculty, investigators, and physicians
- Establishing policies and guidelines governing scientific research activities
- Johnnny Stephens, Ph.D., Chair
- Christopher Thurman, D.O.
- David Hogan, D.O.
- Stanley Grogg, D.O.
- David Wallace, Ph.D.
- Greg Martens, D.O.
- Richard Schooler, D.O.
- Matt Vassar, Ph.D.