Cowboys Care Volunteer Program
Cowboys Care is a volunteer program created to pair OSU-CHS faculty, staff and students with organizations in need. Cowboys Care was created with the mission and vision of OSU-CHS in mind:
- Fulfilling the health care needs of rural and underserved Oklahomans
- Producing graduates who are dedicated, effective and compassionate community leaders
- Advancing the frontier of medical research
- Providing excellent medical care and health related community service
- Being a leader and innovator in both undergraduate and graduate medical education
- Being the medical and graduate school of choice
HOW to get involved with Cowboys Care
Cowboys Care hosts monthly coordinated outreach events that offer a wide-range of service opportunities. Watch our event calendar for upcoming opportunities. Additional opportunities to get involved include our Eugene Field Elementary School outreach efforts throughout the year, such as the angel tree project, Halloween event and various donation drives.
Individual efforts are welcomed and opportunities can be found on our approved organization list.
To address possible volunteer service during the work day, OSU-CHS will allow employees participating in the Cowboys Care Program compensated time off with permission from the appropriate supervisior. For more information about this opportunity, contact Outreach and Special Events staff.