OSU-CHS Human Research - IRB Committee
Instructions for signing up for the CITI Biomedical Research Investigators (IRB) tutorial
- Open your internet browser and go to the CITI Program (https://www.citiprogram.org). This is the CITI welcome and login/registration page. You must register to obtain a user name and password.
- If you have not previously registered with CITI, click on “Register”. This will take you to a Course Registration page. Proceed to Step 3
Note: If you previously registered with CITI as being affiliated with Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences, simply enter your existing username and password in the appropriate fields, which will take you to the “Main Menu” where you can “Add a course or update your learner groups” (This option is located just below the course completion report section). If you previously registered with CITI, proceed to Step 9.
- Under Step 1: Select Your Organization Affiliation by entering “Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences”. Then click, “Continue to Step 2”.
- Under Step 2: Enter your personal information. Then click, “Continue to Step 3.”
- Under Step 3: Enter a username, password, security question and answer. Then click, “Continue to Step 4.”
- Under Step 4: Enter your gender, ethnicity and race. Then click, “Continue to Step 5.”
- Under Step 5: Select “no” to answer the question about whether you are interested in the option of receiving Continuing Education Unit credit for completed courses. Then click, “Continue to Step 6.”
- Complete all required information indicated by an *. Select the “Basic human subjects – Biomedical Basic Human Subjects.” Then click, “Continue to Step 7.”
- You will be directed to a new page that allows you to select your curriculum from various training modules, which include Conflict of Interest, Human Subject Research, and Responsible Conduct of Research. The curriculum you select will determine which training course(s) you will be required to complete. Under the Question 2: Human Subject Research section, select the “Biomedical Research Investigators” course. You can select “no” for the other courses. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Complete Registration”.
- Select “Finalize registration”.
- Select “Biomedical Research.”
- Select “Complete the Integrity Assurance Statement before beginning the course”
- Select “I agree” and click “Submit.
- Complete the required modules and any associated quizzes. You should complete the required courses first, and then you may complete any of the elective/optional courses you wish. You do not have to complete the training modules in one sitting. This training is required every three years.
- Once you complete the course(s), you can print a completion report. In addition, you should be able to save your CITI completion report as a Microsoft Word document or a PDF file. CITI will automatically notify the Office of Research of completion results (pass/fail). Print your completion report and keep a copy for your records.
For questions, contact the IRB Administrator.