Welch Scholars Grant
This grant was originally established in 2001, the Foundation Scholars Grant was renamed the Welch Scholars Grant in October 2002 in honor of Sterling Welch, D.O. for his outstanding generosity to the Foundation and his desire to support osteopathic medical students. American Osteopathic Foundation offers this scholarship to students directly through CHS Scholarship and Awards Program with final recommendations to AOF by Scholarship Selection Committee. Recipients required to attend Scholarship Shootout, Benefactors' Luncheon, and any additional activities as appropriate.
March 1, 2013
- Entering second, third or fourth year of medical school in the upcoming academic year
- Special emphasis placed on financial need and academic achievement
- Awarded to student(s) from each of the colleges/schools of osteopathic medicine who best meet the criteria and have a desire to continue in osteopathic medicine
- Check is payable to recipient for educational expenses
- Annual number of recipients from each college/school determined using formula provided by the AOF