OSU Mobile TeleHealth Clinic
The OSU Mobile TeleHealth Clinic has logged more than 85,000 miles, travelling to and serving the health needs of Oklahomans.
Currently, the MTC holds clinics in Cleveland, McAlester, Miami, Pawnee, Porter, Poteau, Stilwell, and Tulsa. Specialties include Dermatology, Psychology, Psychiatry, Pulmonology, Cardiology, and Internal Medicine. Also Internal Medicine Specialty including HIV care, Pediatric Medication Management for ADHD/ADD and Pediatric counseling.
The highly trained staff aboard the MTC also offers echo-cardiology exams, x-rays, ultrasounds, 12-lead EKGs and spirometry services.
Along with making 'house calls' to rural Oklahoma towns, the MTC has participated in and continues to schedule numerous special event appearances around Oklahoma, including:
- Bike MS, supporting the Multiple Sclerosis Society;
- "Remember the Ten Run" honoring those from OSU who died in the 2001 plane crash in Colorado;
- Numerous OSU alumni events;
- 66 on 66 Bike Tour
- OSU-OU Bedlam Run
- OSU-COM Osteopathic Scrub Run (proceeds support Lifeshare Transplant Donor Services and the Sooner Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation)
- OSU-COM Med-Xtravaganza open house for high school or college students interested in careers in medicine
- OSU-COM SOMA & StORM student groups, annual rural health fairs
- OSU in Tulsa Staff Advisory Council events
- Tulsa Women's Living Expo, OSU Physicians OB-GYN offering health consultations and free 3D ultrasounds
- Tulsa Stand Down, providing services to returning and homeless military veterans
- Camp Bandage, Broken Arrow community health & safety awareness camp
- Senior Life Services in Pawnee County, block party & rural health fair
- Cherokee Nation health fairs
- Relay for Life Walk, benefits cancer research
- AOA Health Policy Fellows for rural health seminars
- Oklahoma Championship Steak Cook-off
- Touch-A-Truck events in various communities
- USGA Senior Women's Amateur golf tournament;
- OSU at Tulsa & Stillwater Staff Appreciation Days;
- TAUW Day of Caring Health Screenings;
- Rural area health fairs with OSU medical students providing health information
- TCC Health Informatics and Langston and SNU Nursing program class tours every semester
- Tulsa Global Alliance demonstrations to international visitors, annually.